Old Town BoltholeHastings, East Sussex
About this listing
Old Town Bolthole is real romantic gem in the heart of Hastings Old Town, perfect for exploring all the town has to offer.
To reach Old Town Bolthole, you have to walk through a narrow twitten that runs between the properties. I’m sure in days gone by, it would have been used by smugglers to hide and move contraband. Through the twitten and turn right then head up the stairs, the bottom stone steps thought to be used as mounting stones for climbing on to your horse back in the day.
You enter the cottage into the kitchen, which is quaint, quirky and perfectly formed. Although small, there is a two ring hob and a combination oven/microwave provided should you wish to stay in and cook. Although there are no washing facilities, the local laundrette is only a 5 minute walk from the property. From the kitchen you head into the lounge, with its wood-burning stove, Freeview TV and DVD, WiFi and comfy armchairs. A dining table and chairs are positioned in front of the window, the perfect spot to catch a glimpse of East Cliff Hill.
Head up the stairs and you have your modern shower room and a cosy bedroom with White Company bed linen and towels to provide that touch of luxury.
If you book a stay in the cottage, you have everything on your doorstep, from lovely delis, restaurants and cafes, so no need to cook if you do not wish to. A stay in the Old Town Bolthole is a chance to relax and disconnect from the hustle and bustle of the working week. Easy to reach by road or train, so the perfect weekend retreat.
As the property was built back in the 1400’s, it does have some quaint traits - narrow, steep staircase and low ceilings in places, so care is needed in order to avoid bumping heads, but I’m sure you will agree it's all worth it, to stay in such a unique property in the heart of Hastings Old Town.
- Fully equipped kitchen with 2 ring hob and combination oven/microwave
- Lounge with TV, Wifi , Wood-burner & dining area
- Double bedroom
- Shower room
- In the heart of Hastings Old Town
2 nights minimum stay
Automatic discounts for 3 or more nights. Just enter dates
- Guests: 2
- Beds: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Type: Cottage
- Full equipped kitchen
- 2 ring hob
- Combination oven/microwave
- Double bedroom
- Hair dryer
- Discounts for 3 to 7 night stays
- There is no parking available at Old Town Bolthole. There are several council run car parks very close by and you can purchase a weekly ticket. There is meter parking available outside the cottage but time restrictions apply. Only 2 miles from the railway station a very easy stroll If you are over 6 ft tall you may struggle with the ceiling height
- No smoking